Is It Time for a New Furnace?
- Mar 30, 2017 /
- BY Admin /
- 0 COMMENTS
Last week’s blog on furnace repairs is probably most appropriate for units that aren’t too old. However, no home appliance lasts forever, and there will inevitably come a time for replacement. Here’s how you can tell when a new furnace is necessary and what to do about it.
When Its Days Are Numbered
The first thing to consider is the age of your unit. If you weren’t in your current home when the furnace was installed, hopefully you’re aware of when it was. Estimations tend to vary, but the average unit will last for roughly 15 to 20 years. Some people, however, may not know the exact age of their furnace. In this case, watch out for the signs we went over in last week’s blog. Pay particular attention to how many repairs you’ve needed in the past couple of years. If major part replacement has come into play more than once or twice, it’s probably time for a replacement.
Out with the Old, in with the New
So, once you’ve established that you’re due for a new unit, what’s next? This might seem like a stressful and daunting task, but it’s helpful to consider all the upsides to starting anew. You should never put off your replacement, as the longer you wait, the more costly your energy consumption and further repairs will become. That old model probably has a number of shortcomings in terms of mechanical design and efficiency that recent models have improved upon. You may even be eligible for certain tax credits and other incentives if you install a high-efficiency system.
Making Your New Unit Last
There’s a good chance that in the process of seeking out repairs and ultimately replacing your old unit, you’ve learned a thing or two about how to take care of things. Starting fresh with a new furnace is the perfect chance to use this knowledge to your advantage and make your system last as long as possible. This time around, you’ll be better equipped to predict common issues and avoid falling behind on essential maintenance, from your filter to the blower motor and beyond. With a passionate HVAC team there to help, you’ll have your most comfortable winter yet!
Whether you’re in need of a new furnace or your current one is in great shape, our team of experienced, certified technicians can help you get the best results out of all your HVAC equipment. Call us at (403) 819-2156 to get in touch!
- Avail the Exclusive Boiler Repair Services in Winnipeg by professional help
- Get Fantastic Hot Shower with Hot Water Tank Repair in Winnipeg
- Avail The Advanced Benefits Of Booking Furnace Repair Service
- Find the best quality Hot Water Tank Services in Winnipeg
- How an instant Hot Water Tank Installation Winnipeg works
- Know Boiler Repair Winnipeg costs and check how to keep it in Control
- Hire Professional Furnace Repair Services Through Online To Save Money
- Factors to count before you Buy Air Conditioner in Winnipeg
- Things to keep in mind before Buying a Furnace
- Your Furnace While You’re Away